Monday, March 19, 2012

Brazo De Mercedes

I never thought I was able to make this. My Ninang Zeny gave me the cake on my 7th birthday and since then I like it. VA gave me the idea to bake and I found myself surfing the net for recipe. Panlasang Pinoy had the recipe and the procedures as well as the encouragement that this will be an easy task.

RECIPE:
Meringue
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 cup granulated sugar

Custard:
10 egg yolks
14 ounces condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put the egg whites and cream of tartar in a mixer. Beat them until the mixture bubbles. Make the meringue by gradually adding the granulated sugar. Mix until soft peaks are formed.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place wax paper in a cookie sheet and grease it. Put the meringue and flatten it to 1/2-inch thickness. Bake it in the oven for the 22 minutes. When time is up, let the meringue cool.

While baking the meringue, whisk the yolks and mix it with the condensed milk. Put it in a pot and turn up the heat while mixing it thoroughly.  Once done, set it aside.

Put confectioners sugar on the meringue. Place a wax paper on top, then a same-size cookie sheet. Flip the meringue revealing the side without the confectioners sugar. Put the custard and spread it across.  Roll it from the long side. Serve it and enjoy.



VERDICT

WILL:   VA just burst and asked Abbey if they can bake a brazo de mercedes, Abbey is hesitant he don't have an idea how to make that cake but he knew how much I love cakes to pair up with my tea. 
One of his day off he excitedly hurrying off out of PSA to get home. Ha! When I saw this brazo de mercedes, I really love to eat it all. 
       The taste is perfect for my cup of tea. Ooops, I shared it with my colleagues and they were mesmerized too. :) I am so so so lucky to have Abbey. :) sana di sya magbago at mawalan ng gana sa pagluluto. :) 



1 comment: