Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Easy Shiitake Mushroom Omelette Recipe

At last after three tries, I perfected how to fold an omelette.
Here are the ingredients.

Shitake mushrooms (soaked 2-3 hours before cooking)
Eggs
Salt
Pepper

Once soaked, drain the mushrooms and cut them into thin slices.
Sauté it in a pan and put salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Place a small pan on the stove in very low heat. Put a teaspoon of oil and make sure that the pan is covered.
Beat an egg and put a little bit of salt.
Pour 1/3 of the egg in the pan until it formed a thin layer. Place some mushrooms on the middle of the egg and tuck it in with both sides of the egg.
Place it on one side of the pan and place another third of the egg, then fold it again. Do this the 3rd time and you have your beautifully folded omelette.
Repeat the process for as many omelette you want to cook.

Shiitake Mushroom Omelette

VERDICT
WILL: It is not always perfect on your first try. The simplest thing that you think is sometimes the most difficult to do. Haha! And that exactly happened to our Shiitake Omelette. 

I tried twice and I gave up. Haha! Abbey tried and he failed too. One afternoon, he asked if I am already at home and enthusiastically told me to checkout what will be for my dinner. Then, I saw a nicely wrapped mushroom. 

The egg perfectly hugged the mushroom. I can't get enough of those! Ha! 

Anyways, that's it. This viand will not be absent in our monthly list. For sure! :) 

Thanks to my ever patient Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment