Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chicken Stew in Bread Bowl

I read the recipe from article of Epoch Times by Wendy Kennedy.
She owns and operates http://www.canadiancountrygifts.com

Recipe:
2-3 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups potato (cubed)
1 cup carrots (cubed)
1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
1/4 cup celery (chopped)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp oil
water
salt and pepper to taste
bread bowls

Brown the chicken in a pan. Add vegetable and saute for another 3 minutes. Add water to cover chicken or to your liking. Add the seasonings. Bring to a boil until the vegetables are soft.

Whisk flour in a cup of water then pour into the soup. Turn up the heat until the mixture thickens.
Cut out center of the bread and fill with stew. 


VERDICT

WILL: I am a bread than a rice lover. I really love soups and thats why i requested Abbey to make one for out dinner. 
      Well, what I can say? I think I ate almost half of it. Hahaha! Hot, creamy and delicious. It like he bought it over at a very classy restaurant. 
      Hope next time, pumpkin or tomato soup, paparinig ako. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment