Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Metrobox Express Balikbayan Box

ABBEY: This is our first time to send "balikbayan" box. As  seen from our housemates, we opted to try the service of Metrobox. They have their office at 3rd floor of Lucky Plaza. Provincial rate for their "up-sized" box (24x24x42) is 120sgd. They charged 55sgd for my odd-size box. The pickup time somehow got late but they assured that it will included on their cutoff date. 

The box was delivered after 11 days. That was fast. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks. Thanks Metrobox




WILL: First time! Before, I want to send a balikbayan box to Philippines as my friend Chat suggested but when I will think of the price how much per box costs, well I rather send money. 
GSS came and Abbey bought electric drums, its almost 40% off the price if we buy those in Manila so we decided to buy here in Yamaha Singapore and boxed it up to Bulacan. He bought the Upsized Metrobox and there is a lot of space to fill in, then that I know that was the time to send goods to our loved ones. 
      Since those were the months of Great Singapore Sale, the bargains were all around and supermarkets were not an exception to that. Weekly, I am spotting items for our families to try on. Since detergents is lot cheaper in here, we send them detergents and fabric conditioner. Bags, wallets, skin care were not forgotten to buy. Ha! This is so exciting and yet more brain draining activity rather than sending out the money. Haha!
      The box were full then Abbey handled me the packing list, I just wrote down electric drums and personal effects. When my husband read what I inked on, "Really? Yun lng? Personal Effects?", then I nod and explained. He saw of some packing list deliberately write each pieces inside, but the "personal effects" will suffice it all, believe me, unless you cannot win the argument to the customs or courier servicemen then write all the things you packed inside. 
      The Metrobox took only two weeks to deliver the package, all were in good form. This is a experience, seriously. Haha! Metrobox is located at Lucky Plaza. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nowadays, they do not accept personal effects...just right a few and you'll be on the safe side :) And once it gets lost, they can't pay you as well since nothing's there... Btw, boxes being sent to provinces gets stolen specially enroute to Quezon or somewhere towards the Northern region... So if it's quite valuable, maybe it would help to think twice of the risk you'll be taking... just my 2 cents worth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got your point. :) Hope readers will learn from your comment. Thanks!

      Delete